Books to you
What is “Books to You”?
- “Books to You” is an outreach program that provides books and library material to the homebound. Our goal is to make the library as accessible as possible to all members of the community.
Who can receive “Books to You”?
- Any resident of Daviess County who is permanently or temporarily unable to come to the library for various reasons-illness, injury, or physical limitations.
When are the materials delivered?
- Every 2 or 4 weeks, a volunteer will deliver library materials and accept requests for future deliveries.
What materials are available?
- Fiction and Non-fiction books regular and large print books
- Books on tape or CD-fiction and non-fiction
How do I sign up?
- Call the Daviess County Public Library at (270) 691-1886.
How can I become “Books to You” volunteer?
- Anyone who wants to share their love of reading, enjoys making new friends, and has reliable transportation can become a volunteer.
When will I deliver the material?
- Materials are delivered once every 2 to 4 weeks at a time arranged by the library and volunteer.
How can I become a volunteer?
Volunteering is a rewarding experience, enriching both the community and the life of the volunteer.