Apple Devices and KY Libraries Unbound
Includes iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch.
- From the App Store on the iPad, search for OverDrive Media Console
- From the results, under iPad Apps tap FREE beside OverDrive Media Console. A green INSTALL APP button will now appear and replace the free button.
- Tap INSTALL APP. You will then be prompted to enter your Apple ID and/or password. Enter your information and tap OK. The App will then install itself.
- Tap the OverDrive App icon.
- Tap Get Books+ in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Tap Add a Library to find and select your library to add to the website list.This is a one time step that will only be completed once.
- In the search box enter your library’s name or your postal code or city and tap Search.
- Select your library from the result list by tapping it. Tap the star beside the library’s name to save it for future use.
- Log in to your OverDrive account and proceed as normal, signing out only EPUB eBooks (PDF files are not compatible). Please note: only EPUB eBooks will be displayed using the OverDrive app to avoid confusion.
- Once you have checked a title out, tap Download to begin transferring the item.The first time you do this you will be prompted to sign in with an Adobe ID. Tap Sign In if you have an ID to enter your details. If you do not have an Adobe ID, tap Register at Adobe.com. Adobe IDs are free.
- If you have to register an Adobe ID, you will be taken to a new Safari web browser page. Follow the instructions they provide to register.
- To return to your download after registering, tap the window icon in the top left corner of the screen and select the OverDrive page. Then tap download for the title you wish to read.
- You will again be prompted to sign with your Adobe Id. Tap Sign In. Under eBook Settings tap Authorize with Adobe ID. Enter
- Once authorization is complete, click the square Home button on your iPad and tap the Safari icon in the bottom left hand corner to return to your OverDrive download.
- Once again, select the title you wish to download and tap Download.
- The title will now download and transfer automatically. It will appear in the OverDrive app library with an icon indicating how long it is signed out for
- To delete the title from your iPad, swipe your finger along its entry in the library and the delete button will appear. Tap to delete. Please note: this will only delete the item from your iPad. It will still be checked out to you in your OverDrive Account until the loan period expires.